The Stuff is a practical, hand’s on, fun way to help those both at home and abroad who have less than we do.
The Stuff takes its lead from James 1:27 which says ‘What God the Father considers to be pure and genuine .. is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their suffering …’
At Rayleigh Vineyard, we believe that this definition in a modern setting encompasses anyone in need, either worldwide, or in our own locality. We call it 'The Stuff' because we believe that rather than being a special job, it is the stuff that we should all be doing. John Wimber, founder of the Vineyard movement, coined the phrase "doing the stuff" which he took to mean "getting our hands dirty" and doing the stuff like that which Jesus did 2,000 years ago.
Things Rayleigh Vineyard has done through The Stuff before include:-
- A Wii Let’s Dance Marathon to raise money for Sport Relief
- Giving food hampers to those in need
- ‘Spring clean’ to donate our un-needed clothing and bric-a-brac to local women's refuge.
- Giving Christmas hampers to local families in need
- A Children in Need sponsored silence
- Taking part in the Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Appeal
- Donating old/unwanted spectacles to Focus on Malawi a charity which provides eye-tests and spectacles to those in Malawi who would otherwise not be able to afford them
- Supporting the Pemba Children's Centre in Mozamique, click here for more details on how we do this